Who Are We?
We were founded in 1970. Our mission is to facilitate and promote, by means of comprehensive partnerships and programs, the creation, dissemination, and application of research of exemplary quality in postsecondary education in Canada.
We are governed by an elected Board of Directors drawn from our membership. The Board consists of ten to twelve directors who are elected at the annual meeting which is held within our conference each spring. We are a Canadian non-profit corporation registered under the Canada Not-For-Profit Corporations Act S.C. 2009, c. 23. (For information about our By-Laws see https://csshescees.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/csshe-by-law-no-1_20160529.pdf)
What We Do
Our society connects our members from across the country leading to the exchange of ideas, dissemination of knowledge, collaborative research, and interesting conversations! We are an important forum and voice for all who have interests and concerns about trends and issues in higher education in Canada.
We recognize excellence through awards including Masters Thesis/Project Award, George L. Geis Dissertation Award, CJHE Sheffield Award, the Research and Scholarship Award, and the Distinguished Member’s Award. See https://csshe-scees.ca/awards/
We are a national organization of scholars and practitioners. Our membership is both interdisciplinary and higher education specific. Members include faculty (from universities, colleges, polytechnics, and institutes), graduate students, practitioners, senior administrators, professional staff/management, and public servants. Professionals from business, private organizations, research institutions, and elsewhere are also increasingly drawn towards engagement with our Society. Our members share common aims: to create, promote, and disseminate knowledge and research on all things higher education, including best practices.
What Are Key Benefits of Membership?
- Attend and participate in our annual conference at Congress;
- Receive direct communication from the Editor of the Canadian Journal of Higher Education (CJHE/RCES) regarding new issues of this open-access journal, with the latest research, book reviews, and potential publication opportunities with calls for special issues. CJHE/RCES is the premier journal of Canadian higher education and is broadly supported by CSSHE;
- Gain professional affiliation with an academic society which can be listed on an academic CV;
- Find out what is happening in higher education across the country and internationally;
- Keep abreast of current trends. You will have access to our website and will be joined to our listserv;
- Showcase your research and learn about emerging research, new trends and initiatives, best practices;
- Join one or more of our affinity groups: Governance and Leadership, International Higher Education, Community Engagement, Blended and Online Teaching and Learning, Student Success, Colleges, Polytechnics and Institutes;
- Participate in Open track conference sessions;
- Network, connect, collaborate, and engage with others interested in all aspects of higher education;
- Take advantage of volunteer opportunities (peer review, chair conference sessions, contribute to the board of directors, join prize committees, and more…);
- Plus …. follow us on twitter @csshescees
How Can I Join?
The term of membership is January to December. We have three categories with reduced rates for students and retired/unwaged persons.
|Membership categories||1-year Rate||3-year Rate|
To join please visit: https://csshe-scees.ca/how-to-join-csshe/